Blueberries contain powerful health-promoting compounds that help inhibit oxidative stress and promote a healthy inflammatory response. Pomegranate is another fruit renowned for its healthy properties. It contains compounds that support blood vessel health and promote healthy metabolism.
Blueberries & Cardiovascular Health
Blueberry compounds help support cardiovascular health by promoting production of nitric oxide, a compound that helps blood vessels relax. Blueberry compounds also promote the healthy metabolism of cholesterol and related fatty compounds that circulate in the blood, which helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels already within normal range.
Pomegranates & Cardiovascular Health
Pomegranate has also been studied in the context of heart health. Pomegranate compounds may help support blood pressure levels already within normal range. Pomegranate also helps maintain endothelial cell health. Endothelial cells are the delicate cells that line the inside of blood vessels.
Other Health Benefits of Pomegranate
Pomegranate compounds have also been shown to help maintain already healthy blood sugar levels. And both blueberry and pomegranate compounds help promote a healthy inflammatory response. By supplementing with both blueberry and pomegranate compounds, you can obtain the health benefits of both of these superfruit superstars!
1. Food & function. 2017;8(11):4118-4128.
2. Nutrients. 2019;11(2):290.
3. The FASEB Journal. 2017;31(1_supplement):166.2-166.2.
4. Eur J Sport Sci. 2017;17(3):317-325.
5. Journal of Nutritional Therapeutics. 2019;7(3):84-94.
6. Innovation in Aging. 2017;1(suppl_1):1362-1362.
7. Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences. 2017;16:28-30.
8. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2016;22:44-50.
9. European journal of clinical nutrition. 2017;71(1):92.